Thursday, June 28, 2007

Nicole can't think of a clever title... she's tired, ok?

At Bible school, I was the lucky one to be drenched in water... One of my kids suggested we have a koolaid fight, but I took the idea and ran with it. I told them at the beginning of the Bible lesson that if they all behaved and listened quietly, then each of them could throw a cup of water on me. Well, they got the chance to do that, and even more... That MEAN and HORRIBLE Josh Cumberland got the "brilliant" idea to dump the bucket of water on me. Did I mention that it was FIFTY DEGREES today?! Thank you so much, Josh, and you too, Tim, for actually dumping the water. Thankfully I had clean laundry in the Suburban, and Lisa and Molly were kind enough to let me borrow a shirts...

I think it was worth it though, because the kids loved it. And during the Bible lesson, I got to talk to a few of the kids about sharing their Wordless Braclets and the Gospel with their parents and family at home. When I asked one student, Emily, if her parents knew what the colors on her bracelet meant, she thought for a moment and said, "No, probably not." Another boy, Merritt, got really quiet when I asked him the same thing about his cousins. I pray that a few seeds were planted this week in Autrain.

Tonight we went out to eat, and I had a great meal. Two years ago when we were in Munising, the group got to try white fish and pasties for the first time, and I haven't had them since then, so Debbie and I shared white fish and pasties... delicious!

Well, I think that's all, folks! Thank you for your prayers; today went very well, even if I was a wee bit chilly! What else is there to write? Tomorrow we go to Mackinac, and then home... I'll admit it--I'm dreading Sunday, because that means I have to go back to work at Friedman's...

But then, of course, Monday camp begins, and all will be right with the world. ;) See you all soon, eh?

Signing off,

Nicole

2 comments:

jeff & michelle said...

Way to take one for da team, Nicoleon. I'm glad you weren't above a little soaking. Alldough I'm sorry about da temperture. It's gettin' to be aboat dat time a year, doancha know? Dem blackflies will be goin' away (eh?) and den comes da snowflies.

Say yeah to da UP, eh?!

Unknown said...

Nicole,

Its a tremendous blessing to see all that the Lord is doing in your life. What a precious God we serve! Can't wait to hear all your stories about camp. I'm really praying for SRBC and heard last night from Pastor Dave that the staff is really coming together.

Love you in the Lord, little sister! I'm SO proud of you, and I can't wait till our church comes to visit you in Madagascar!

-kEN