Thursday, June 28, 2007

Jeff's Final (from the road!)

GOD IS GOOD!!

As you all know, we took a rookie group (for the most part) on their first mission trip. But if you didn't know that it was their first trip, you would never know! God allowed this group to experience His goodness first hand. A portion of my message on Sunday at Munising Baptist was how we cannot rely on our own strength to do the work of God but we must get our strength from Him. He proved this over and over to us this week. God gave us all the strength and stamina to finish well.

We became a cohesive group very early on in our trip and have grown closer to each other and closer to our Saviour through this experience. We have tasted and seen that the Lord is good!

Our time at Bible School was wonderful as our group was able to see a world in need and was able to show these children a glimpse of what God's love for us can be like. I feel that we truly showed Christ's love through our actions and deeds as was our prayer for this week.

Pastor Jeff, I want to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to "step up to the plate" and lead this group. It was a wonderful experience that I will never forget. You and Michelle have been great mentors to us and I hope that we have been able to pass that on as well. Susan and I are already looking forward to next year and what it may behold. But more importantly, we are looking forward to what God holds in store for us each and every day as we serve God at home or wherever He leads us!

Pastor Dave, thank you for trusting me with this wonderful group and for being the shepherd at First Baptist who has guided his flock to have a true spirit for missions, whether it be through those called to full-time missions or to those such as our group who are called to go out on a part-time basis.

Brothers and Sisters at First Baptist, thank you for all of your support, whether financially, through prayer, or both. We appreciate you and cherish you!

Lastly, I would like to thank the parents of each of our teens that made this trip with us. Without your cooperation and undying support, our trip never would have been possible. We hope that their lives have been changed forever and that they will continue to seek Him daily! They are wonderful kids and have been an absolute delight to have with us! Thank you for allowing them to be a part of our lives for this past week!! God has been glorified through them!

In Him,

Jeff Cumberland

3 comments:

jeff & michelle said...

God bless you, Jeff. Your joy is my joy. I count it a great privilege to work with you & Susan in the youth ministry at FBC.

May the best be yet to come!

JG

Mike said...

Hey Guys!
Sounds like you had a great week. I know you were a blessing and it sounds like you were also blessed!May you go on to build on this foundation of serving God and keeping Him first.
Have a wonderful time on "The Island"!! It is one of my favorite places. I got to spend the night at Grand Hotel when I went there with the "Win-Some Women" group in 2003. What a "grand experience"! :)
Seriously amazing!
Tim, if you get this on Friday here are a couple of things that I need to have passed on to Mrs.Cumberland:
1. The sheets are clean in the Master bedroom. I left everything else the same.
2. Check the pantry cupbord to the right of the fridge for cereal, snacks etc and the freezer for bread and muffinfs. There is lots to drink in the fridge. Use whatever you want.

Thanks, Tim.

Praying for a safe and fun day for you all and a well deserved rest.
Love you guys, see you in PA sometime, I'm sure!
Love,Mrs. Azure

Unknown said...

Jeff,

Sounds like you, Susan, the Kaylors, and Nicole did a terrific job pointing all these kids toward Christ and the joys of serving him. I loved reading all their posts! I'm praying the Lord will continue to bless you as you head home. Sorry I won't see the presentation!

ps. We all can't wait to see what ministry opportunities God has in store for your family's future.

- Ken